$2.95 a month web hosting

Friday, September 29, 2006

I was just looking through some blogs when I realised that many people have stopped blogging altogether. No more updates or hints about their lives to keep the two of us connected. I feel a little cut-off, and a little regretful that I can't spend enough time to keep in close contact with all the people in my life. And as time flies past, the gulf just widen silently.

I have discovered that it takes a lot to maintain a relationship. This applies to any kinds of bond at all. Recently, after saying goodbye to my welcome week teammates, I felt a momentary sense of surreality, of loss. Because a week together having fun, making friends, struggling against mental and physical fatigue as one entity and then cohesively bitching about it (opps =p) is just oh-so-reminiscent of my bygone camping days that the end of it made me a little sad. How often do we feel so bonded to other people whom we have known for only a short period of time? I realised that I am actually glad to re-live that state of ascetic existence for a while. I needed it, just for a bit, to remind myself of who I am, inside.

Some voids in one's life are only uncovered when they are once again refilled.

We have arranged to meet up once more this Sunday. And perhaps once more next week too.
I don't know how long this sense of continuity will last...

But while it does, I'll just cherish the moments.

P.S. The same applies to my other kakis too. For each appointment we manage to arrange and keep to, I'll hold those close to my heart. Don't stop keeping in contact! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home